Welcome to the Hope Ecovillage Blog

We are pursuing the development of an Ecovillage in the Rochester, Minnesota area. An Ecovillage is an urban or rural community that strives to integrate a supportive social environment with a low-impact way of life. Our vision is a village of 10-20 homes clustered to enable sharing of utilities and resources on 5-10 acres. This will be an off-the-grid development that we hope will demonstrate an alternative to a conventional low sustainability housing development. If this concept interests you, please get in touch with us and keep checking back for updates on our progress. You can comment below or email me at hope.ecovillage@gmail.com

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Pine Island Solar

I visited Tommy Thompson, owner of Pine Island Solar, today. Tom has been building sustainable homes and installing renewable energy systems since the 1970's. I outlined what I had in mind and he was happy to join the development team. Tom has worked with most of the alternative energy systems that we plan to incorporate into the Ecovillage and he will contribute a great deal to the project.

As I work on promoting the concept and establishing interest, I will continue to identify key people to join the development team. I had contacted the Rochester Post Bulletin to see if they could do a piece in the paper on Earthday, but haven't heard whether that will happen or not. I also spoke to the 5th graders at St. John's this week, that was fun. It was my first talk on the Ecovillage concept so it was a good learning experience.

Been a productive week so far, hopefully the PB comes through!

No comments:

Post a Comment