Welcome to the Hope Ecovillage Blog

We are pursuing the development of an Ecovillage in the Rochester, Minnesota area. An Ecovillage is an urban or rural community that strives to integrate a supportive social environment with a low-impact way of life. Our vision is a village of 10-20 homes clustered to enable sharing of utilities and resources on 5-10 acres. This will be an off-the-grid development that we hope will demonstrate an alternative to a conventional low sustainability housing development. If this concept interests you, please get in touch with us and keep checking back for updates on our progress. You can comment below or email me at hope.ecovillage@gmail.com

Sunday, January 8, 2012

E-Cat

Here is how I would like to incorporate an E-Cat into my home heating and DHW:


2 comments:

  1. I noticed your comment about Rossi's E-Cat so came over to see what you are up to. I am creating a small farm on 20 acres in north california. I started out in the solar field in 1975 with the design and creation of Solar hot water systems and low energy buildings. I am hoping that the E-Cat will help with the energy needed to operate our 2hp deep well pump. Good luck with your pursuit of your vision. pg

    ReplyDelete
  2. After examining your proposed E-Cat hook to the HW system I would recommend hooking the E-Cat in series with the backup heater. I am not sure if you are going to use a heat transfer fluid with an isolation heat exchanger and circulation pump.
    A HTF system is much more expensive and less efficient then a straight through system.
    I am sure the E-Cat can run water straight through but water quality may be a problem for the E-Cat caused by mineral deposition. pg

    ReplyDelete